Josie got three birthday parties this month: one with Nanna, at home, and at Katie Walker's.
Simon did the photography at Josie's final birthday party.
By the way, now that she's four she likes the scary or sad parts in movies. Lying sick on the couch she sat bolt upright to tell me not to skip the first few scenes in Anne of Green Gables because, "I'm four years old now!"
At night after she's said a prayer and I say, "I love you," she smiles and not willing to stand this outward display of affection, she often tells me, "Go do the dishes." But I know what she means is I love you too, Mom.
Simon is getting into comedic entertainment. The other night while having some personal time with Mom and Dad, he told us, "Josie is in charge of me." Too true?
He still has boy aggression. Anything pointy becomes a sword or gun and is used to kill. He recently said in play, "My life is to kill people." Wow.
Into asserting himself, he often tells us he doesn't want something we suggest, then he quickly reminds us, "Actually I do."
This picture of Jan playing play dough with the kids is the only one I got on Thanksgiving. We ate at both of our parents' houses. We made apple and pumpkin pies and corn.
5 comments:
Cute kids! And looke how Josie sits Indian style just like you (or at least how I remember it with the foot up :)!
I love hearing about your kids, and their cute personalities. Especially, Josie telling you to go do to the dishes!
Love, love, loved reading this post. Enough to even sign into my gmail account--that says a lot. Oh Julie! How I miss thee!
Your kiddos really are so cute. I love seeing their sweet faces and hearing about their funny antics! Wow--your lights do look great!
your kids crack me up! what characters! i'm sure she meant i love you to mom. keep the blogging up and let's try to catch each other soon! loves!
Post a Comment