28 March 2011

My Hands in the Dirt


So, here's the dirt.

Simon turned 3 and totally uses the toilet now.
(I waited until he made the choice, and it couldn't have been easier.)
I made a tres leches cake for his birthday, and we had some family over.



He is our drummer, so we got him a new set for his birthday.



Simon took this picture of me doing my makeup when he and I were having some Simon-Mommy time outside.

Then Kyle turned 1.
He enjoyed his ice cream and opening presents.








I woke up one morning to sunshine and the birds singing so loudly outside my window.
Turns out the window was actually open.
Patrick made my raised garden bed that night.
I will be able to check my tomatoes and other plants from my own bedroom. Delightful!
The next day we crammed breakfast and then worked in the yard.
We laid grass seed in bare spots, dumped last year's compost in the garden.
I LOVE WORKING IN MY YARD.





Little Miss Princess also loves to climb trees and play outside.



Our house is all catawampus, because on another yardwork day, we discovered a busted water pipe.
We have to get new carpet, etc.
It still isn't done.
At least the guy wants to barter guitar lessons for part of it.

I just have this feeling like things are undone.
I haven't had my baby yet (not till August); house is undone.

I've had my hands in the dirt literally, but I've been going through life's dirt too.
It took me three weeks to get over a cold/sinus infection.
Friends and family offered positively overwhelming support.


Here are some cute cousins drinking milk.

Next day our family went to the temple in Oklahoma City.
I'm grateful for the uplifting perspective I received from the temple experience.
It always uplifts me and reminds me that I am a beloved daughter of a wise Heavenly Father.



How's that for a smattering of a post?
This writing represents the best of prego-brain functioning.

5 comments:

deargoodness said...

I'm so jealous of your yard! I can't wait to get a place here. Kyle is getting so big! Can you believe it's been 3 months since I last saw you? Sad. Josie looks beautiful by the way.

Becca said...

I am also jealous of your yard. It is all I want to do--I have been having dreams of seeing flowers in my backyard, but when I wake up, there is still a foot of snow and no end in sight. In like a lion, out like a lion.

Were Simon and Kyle born on the same day? Or just close?

I am excited to have babies together in August (I'll race you).

Nick and Rebekah said...

Such a cute post... I love the randomness. Also, I love Kyle's birthday cake. If he likes icecream, then kudos to him. And just for the record, I am also jealous of your yard!

Juli said...

Katie: I hope you get a yard (and house soon).

Becca: Simon is Feb 27; Kyle is March 14. I'm due August 13th; when are you? Is is a boyby or a girlby? I don't know yet with mine. It may be a surprise.

Rebekah: Soon you will have a yard too :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Juli! I love reading your updates and seeing what your family has been up to. Simon looks exactly like Patrick in the green tee! I am also ready for what August brings. Eric has started work in Springdale, so we will start house-hunting in Washington County and have a new baby.