 |
| Me and Valerie at Mosquitofest. The rest of her family were there too, but no picture! |
We spent a couple weeks in Arkansas right after school let out in May. Patrick's mom was kind enough to drive down and caravan with us, so we didn't have to squeeze in the car. We went to eastern Arkansas first.
Patrick's cousin Heidi recently opened a flower shop in Wynne- Hidden Treasures Flowers and More. I was smitten at how several generations of the family helped her get it off the ground and work there. What a neat project! It's very friendly to children also, even with a little hide-out for them.
The tradition started because Patrick's aunt used to own her own flower shop too. She is the dearest lady, the kind that replies to "How are you" with "Better now that I've seen you," and means it. I have no idea why they all call her MuCarole, but I like it.
 |
| Patrick's mom Peggy and aunt Carole, cuties |
We were in eastern Arkansas for Mosquitofest, McCrory's annual festival with music entertainment by the Sallings Family. I somehow did not get pictures of Uncle Jerry, dad Jan, Patrick, or aunts Lisa and Joan playing music. I didn't get pics of Uncle Steve or Grandma Bonnie either.
 |
| Taylor and Kyle playing on the steps of the Methodist church where Peggy attended as a kid. |
We drove back to Fayetteville in an awful thunderstorm. Most nervous drive of my life. And when we arrived, we discovered I had left the tailgate open for three hours. We did not get destroyed in a tornado, nor did we lose any items from truckbed. Wow.
 |
| My cutie mama |
 |
| Hairdresser selfie- Mom, Jorge, me |
I took the kids one day to our wonderful Fayetteville Public Libary, where we checked out some favorites we don't have in Denton. I like this library because it encourages reading instead of gymnastics.
 |
| Kyle in "the donut" |
The Kelsey girls had a pickle making day. We did cucumber pickles and sauerkraut.
 |
| Bria, the cabbage-whisperer |
Tara showed me some foundation training exercises.
We had our annual Memorial Day cookout at our beloved Johnson Park. It was a smaller turnout this year, mostly family and a few friends.
 |
| Patrick rocking the grill |
 |
| Sisters |
 |
| Hannah and Bria |
 |
| Cousins Josie and Hannah |
I got to take a walk at Gulley Park with my mom, like we used to do years ago.
 |
| Found one of these |
 |
| Pretty poppy |
We took the kids to Wilson Park too.
 |
| Josie's traditional picture |
Had some fun hanging out with Sherry, my sister-in-law. We took the kids geocaching.
One big reason we were in Arkansas was for the wedding of Patrick's brother Max to Jeanie.
 |
| Kids' fancy clothes all laid out |
 |
| Josie and cousin Violet |
 |
| Notice Taylor's blankie, a common sight |
 |
| "a motley mob of outlandish jacktars and saucy boys:" groom and groomsmen |
 |
| wedding vows I couldn't hear due to RAIN |
 |
| beautiful bride Jeanie, finally my official sister-in-law |
 |
| Cousins |
One day I arrived at Patrick's parents' house to find a pot-bellied pig rooting around at the end of the street. It had escaped from the neighbors'.
 |
| Petting the "hot belly" pig, as Taylor says |
We went to another wedding- our dear friend Amy Kessler married Scott Weber. I only got one shot. She used to teach Josie ballet. Her family is very special to us.
 |
| Tate escorting his mom Amy down the aisle |
 |
| Time with Papa |
 |
| Outside our old house |
 |
| My niece Hannah came over and did my hair. |
 |
| The family almost ready for church |
 |
| My brother Kevin and I |
 |
| He's such a climber |
 |
| Goofballs Kyle and Taylor |
No comments:
Post a Comment